Friday, December 24, 2010

The Ferrari Year

“ Beep beep” “Omg its Chirstmas” “Wait the year is ending” “ Oh snap this year was fast”, those were the thoughts running through my head on Christmas day. Well I guess I might have triggered my ADD ( Attention Defesit Desorder)again. Well to the readers who are reading this so called college humour blog, which was made as an assignment at first, I would like to summarise my whole year in this article I am writting now, while laying on my bed. A little to personel, well I guess life is a boundary which is meant to be broken.

January 2010, well that was a lazy month for me, followed by February and soon to March. I must admit I did waste those three months with my friends, not to underline our friendship guys, I still love you guys. I felt I should have at least managed my time. Working out in the gym? Finding a job? Getting a girlfriend? Well I did really think about all these “activities” to utilize my time. The saying ‘an empty barrell makes the most noise” would be the suitable phrase for me, and I would admit that the regrets were felt mainly when I was about to rest my head on my bed at 5 or 6 am in the morning everyday during those three months.

Towards the end of March, my dad started asking me, when I wanted to start my Mass Communication Diploma. I had everything planned out since the age of 15 or 16. Going to Taylors had been a main priority for me, so it didnt have to be an hassle for me, like most of you guys who went for college hunting, me and my dad just drove to Taylors and registered and ate some Indian food if I am not mistaken. March 29th the exact day my college started and I was ready but kind of nervous, I had wanted to change my appearance, but then again I was raised up not to act to get attention but to be myself and get all attention I wanted. It wasnt a problem if people thought I was weird or messed up, at least I did turn a few frowns upside down.

First Sem was rather easy actually but I had decided to do what I do best, SLACK. Most people look at me as someone who should not have been in college, I have come to realize it but than again I am studying Communications and part of my future job requires me to talk and knowing that looks or musical talents arent part of my attributes at least I would have my mouth to take me through life. Readers please be matured I know what you are thinking when I said “my mouth to take me through life “. My lecturers were rather good I shall say, way different compared to schooling life, the dedication that had been planted in their heads really amazed me and I would forever look up to them. One thing I really wanted to change in college was hopping people would start calling me Sanjiv. Well most of my classmates did but other than that people still refered to me as “nigga”. Well I didnt mind it at first, than a thought just popped in my head, everyone gets to be called their own name, but mine isnt. Disrespectful aint it, well what could I do. Seeing myself in the mirror every day made me hate myself more, which I soon started drinking cough syrup. Depression was something that I have been trying to deal with since the age of 14. Jokes said by my friends to me always made me laugh back some were kind of mean but I still managed to put on a smile. People honestly, who ever who said jokes do not hurt is either lying or has a heart filled with hate. Everyone gets hurt from jokes directed to them but different people react differently. Some choose to keep it in so more frusration and problems can be avoided, some go into a rage because anger had been caused due to how sensitive the joke would have been. Overall I didnt mind jokes coming from friends cause I always knew they didnt mean it.

Sem 1 had finished like how David Blane made a rabbit disapear in a couple of seconds. Results were out and I was satisfied with my results, as I had managed to pass all my subjects. Sem 2 had started and I had realize that groups were already created. There were the “front seaters”, “midle tablers” and “backsiders”. Sem 2 was quite hectic, but I had really been motivated to do well and maybe imperssing people, showing them I could be book smart, but it was down to my College Research Method assignment was when my group and I messed up and got a 0 % over 30%. Well I know I should not be pointing fingers but, the reason of us getting a 0 for the assignment was due to the lack of initeative of our ‘so called leader’. Well her named would not be mentioned, due to the slight of respect I still have for her, but she was the main reason I had to work as hard as a bull being used by a Mexican imigrant to escape to America. I went into the examination hall for my Sem 2 final exams with confidence high as Bob Marley. The results came out and I managed to score -2As ,1B, 1+C and a +D. Which meant that C being the border line for passing meant I had failed my College Research Method and I had to repeat it again. Well, despite me working so hard this Sem, failure had occured once more in my life again.

As I reach the last paragraph of this dull article about life I would recap my year as, something forgetable. A year which I wasted, a year which was spend mainly on enjoying. I hope I’m ready for 2011 but shall I not be, the year would be another year the Ferrari drove again.

“ To be the best, you compete with the rest”
“ To beat the rest, you have to finish last”
- Sanjiv

P.S – Smoking Kills

2 comments:

  1. kudos to you for your spirit! :) all the best jiv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... i feel you are so right at everything when i read this article ! So keep up for next year ! Maybe you are not reading this comment or maybe the chances we met next year would be lesser ... but i hope that i am stil your friends ! Friends help each other right ! Glad u said smoking kills !! hahahaha.. *wink*

    ReplyDelete