Friday, May 14, 2010

Preperation for Midterm (part 2)

When someone ask me what are my thoughts about midterm exams and my preparations towards it, I always say the same thing which is, that I think midterm exams should not be applied in college and I am not prepared for my midterm exams. I hope that after I explain my reasons why I think midterm is rather time wasting and why I am never ready for it, you the readers would agree with me. I also hope that I do not offend any pro midterm exams people who read my blog as I do not mean to insult you. As I write this blog I’m writing this according to how I feel about midterm exams.

Firstly I would like to explain what I think about midterm exams. I find it rather harsh that college students have to go through midterm exams as we have already go through it at school. Having midterm exams in school is understandable because teachers in school have to access students on the rate we are going. Having midterm exams in college is simply a waste of time because we college students are moving towards the adult hood and I think midterm is a way of showing where we stand in the academic level in a certain subject.

As a college student we the students should only be given final exams because we need more time to study and do our revision. Having it right after the first half of a course is really hectic for students who still have not adjusted themselves to the college lifestyle. Midterm also causes most students to do last minute studying thus to stay up until wee hours studying and trying to get the very last information into the brain. What ever that comes out in the midterm exams would come out in the final exams in the end and it makes no different why must be do a midterm exam when we are going to do the same question again during the final exams.

As about my preparation towards my final exam I think that I am never ready for any papers. May it be when I was in school or in college I always tend to do last minute studying no matter what. It is a habit I picked up and it is really hard to get rid of and I have since been doing all my preparation two to three days before my exams start. I know that doing last minute studying is not that good and should not be practiced by the younger generations who are reading this, but it always tends to work for me. I believe that students who do last minute studying always tend to do well, as the notes that were studied 5 hours before the exams are still fresh in their mind.

This has been all that I am able to talk about my preparation towards the midterm exams. Either how I think of it or how my preparation towards it, I know that no matter what I would still have to sit and I would have to do the last minute mugging by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment