Saturday, April 17, 2010

A New Beginning Part 2


I remember the times when the teacher used to call my mom to complain about my discipline in school. It was not because I was a bully or anything. I really hated school as I thought it was a waste of time. As time passed I soon realized that my final exams in my high school were just in the corner and I was still hanging out with my friends and having a good time. Then one day while I was lying on my bed something just ticked my head. If I would fail my exams I would not go anywhere and I would just be staying at home or working at the nearby petrol station. I told myself that I had to buck up and start studying. I checked my phone calendar and realized that I only had 4 weeks to mug and start studying two years worth of stuff in one month just to do well.

The day of my final exam's came and I took it with the level of confidence as a "school nerd" knowing that I had studied the hardest an it was up to god to pass me. March 11 was the day my results were released and I managed to obtain 3As in my English, Mathematics and Accounts. I remembered the joy in my mum’s face; I remembered seeing the tears of joy rolling down to her cheeks. I remembered when my class teacher called her to school to inform my mum that I would definitely fail my finals and the discipline teacher described me as a sinking ship with no hope. I have no rubbed mud on their face.

The very next day I told my dad I wanted to go to college. My dad jokingly said "Sanjiv wait for a scholarship lar I know you would get". My dad knew that Taylors was in my mind since I was in form 4.My dad and I were supposed to go college hunting like how he did with my sister but we just went to Taylors and registered and within 30 minutes I had already become a Taylors student.

Then March 29 came, the first day of college. I woke up with so much excitement in my body. Orientation was super boring and i felt like smoking 20 cigarettes at one time just to keep awake. When we were separated from diploma and foundation. I went "wow" there were so many hot students in our class, each with their own special talent.
College started for real 4 days later, and that when I realized that this is a new beginning in my life. The teachers oh sorry I meant lectures were so cool and they seemed so friendly and not uptight as school teachers were to students. There was Mr. Winston who is kind of boring in Fundamental of management and he suddenly becomes this awesome, cool and hip teacher in Creative Communication and Portfolio Development. Then we have Ms Karmini who is another awesome lecturer who doesn’t get pissed of at her students. We also have Ms Surika who is pretty cool when it comes to IT, and how can I forget Ms Ngim who is so patient with her student and she doesn’t choose to yell at them.

If this is a new beginning then I really want to be part of it. This would surely be in my memories as the best years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment