Saturday, April 24, 2010

What You Are Doing for the Holidays?

What You Are Doing for the Holidays?.This is a question that many parents love to ask their children as soon as they are back from school and its either their summer holiday, midterm holiday or even a festive holiday had just started. Holiday when looked up in a dictionary means a day free from work that one may spend at leisure. Most parents don't look at it that way and resist that their children do not slack and keep their minds active with educational activities or getting a part time job.

Well as a kid or a teenager who is growing up most of us prefer to spend our holiday doing stuffs like hanging out with friends, going for a sleep over and much more. Most parents are adamant that their children do not go into this kind of activities because they are paranoid that their children might pick up bad habits. Most of the teenagers are forced to get a job. Well getting a job is not a bad thing plus getting additional income from another source other than parents could be a more positive way of going through the holiday period, but most parents don't get it that their children are going to slip in the social life department.

Whenever the question "What you are doing for the Holidays?" is brought up to a child by their parents, the child automatically knows that their holiday is ruined and must now spend the holiday period doing something worthwhile to please their parents. This is not the kind of life that most kids wants, after working their butt of in school they must now work their butt of at home doing activities that please their parents.

As a teenager living in the 21st century, we would really like to deactivate our body during the duration of the holiday, but most parents do not provide this privilege to their children. Making sure your child wakes up at 7 in the morning is really quite harsh towards someone who has been waking up at 6 from Monday to Friday for 5 months.

As for me when asked by my parents what I'm going to do for my holidays, I would always reply them with this same answer which always seems to work, "I'm not sure I would think and tell you when the holiday is coming toward the end". I know what I might say to my parents might be rude, but I have no choice but to say it as I don't want to spend my holidays doing stuff like enrolling into team building courses or getting a part time job.

I love waking up late and sleeping late as I'm not able to this when I'm not on holiday. But parents look at this as bad discipline as they think it might affect out sleeping pattern.

Well to summarize this all I can say is that parents should not ask their children what they are going to do for holiday hence just let their children figure out what to do. This does not only improve the Independence in a child it also builds up self motivation for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment